Thai food is probably one of my favourite cuisines.
It is fresh, fragrant, spicy and packed with punchy flavours that leave your mouth watering.
I am going to be honest and say that in the past I have cheated and made any Thai Green Curries with a shop bought paste and don’t get me wrong these still have a place for absolutely desperate days.
However having just created an amazing green paste in my Thermomix, I will hopefully not have to buy any pastes again. This recipe makes enough for 5 little pots to stash away in your freezer.
So 5 minutes of effort for 5 delicious meals, the maths sounds good to me!
Click here for my Thai Chicken Curry Recipe…
Let me know how you get on.
- 8 green chillies, stalks removed, cut in half
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10cm piece of ginger, peeled and cut in half
- 5 shallots, peeled or 1 small onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks and leaves
- 1 bunch basil, stalks and leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 5 dried kaffir lime leaves
- Place all ingredients into bowl and and blend on speed 9-10 for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides and blend again for 30 seconds until a rough paste consistency is achieved.
- This recipe makes enough paste for 5 little tubs of 50g in each.
- It will freeze very well and each pot will be enough to use for a meal for 4 people using approx 500g meat. ( I like to use diced chicken thigh)