A Southwestern style salad, a meal in itself or great teamed with cajun grilled Chicken.
I serve this salad with a bowl of plain toasted Tortilla chips on the side.
Tex Mex Salad
Fresh Zingy salad with a Tex Mex twist.
Author: Lindy Davie
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 4 as side dish
- 2 cobs of corn (cooked)
- 400g can black beans ( Old El Paso do a great one)
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 200g baby plum or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g feta cheese crumbled
- 1 lime, chopped into ¼'s to serve
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbl sp Tabasco or spicy style sauce
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 50ml olive oil
- Boil the corn cobs for 8-10 minutes until tender, allow to cool. Cut kernels off in large chunky pieces
- Strain off the beans in a colander and rinse under cold water
- Place black beans, corn chunks and cherry tomatoes onto large flat platter or bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over and toss gently to combine.
- Crumble feta over the top and scatter with the lime wedges.