This weather is still all about eating soup. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of the next soup I will make in my Thermomix. I have never made so many soups in my life and they taste SO amazing. I am completely converted to never making soup in anything else again!
Anyone who has come to my house, now raves about the soup and homemade rolls they are served up. Whilst being healthy and delicious, they are also very economical to make. Something to think about when you entertain quite a bit….
So I didn’t entirely come up with this soup by myself, I actually tasted a similar soup at my friends’ house the other day and decided to come back and make it the Thermomix way. I hope she won’t mind me divulging the recipe. Blending it in the Thermomix produces the creamiest most velvety soup you will ever eat…. I also made a Cauliflower soup with Bacon dust the other day too, which tasted like it had lots of cream in it, but didn’t have even a drop! That recipe to follow soon!
- 1 brown onion, cut in half
- 20ml olive oil
- 500g sweet orange potato, roughly chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into 3 slices
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tsp vegetable stock paste ( or 1 veg stock cube)
- 300ml water
- Place the onion and the olive oil into the Thermomix bowl, chop 3 seconds / speed 5
- Scrape down the sides and then cook for 4 min / 100 deg / speed 1
- Add in cubes of potato, garlic, ginger slices, coconut milk, stock paste and water
- Cook 20 min / 100 deg / speed 1
- Check to see if potato is soft, then blend soup for 1 min - starting on speed 3 for 20 seconds and then going right up to speed 10 for the last 30-40 seconds.
- This produces a wonderfully smooth soup. Add extra water if slightly too thick. Check seasonings and serve immediately....