Snacks are SO important…
If you are anything like me you get hungry between meals…and you find yourself snacking.
If you let yourself get too hungry between meals, your blood sugar falls, you feel flat and you find yourself grabbing whatever is nearby to eat. Meaning you get a sugar rush for maybe half an hour or so…
Once or twice a week, depending on the number of little grazers around in my house, I make a batch of homemade snacks. That way we always have something to grab and munch on the go and I know there are no hidden additives in them!
Try making some of these smart snacks this week to stock your pantry…..
- 240g pitted fresh dates
- 75g jumbo oats
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 10g cacao or cocoa powder
- desiccated coconut for rolling balls in
- Put all the ingredients into your Thermomix bowl
- Set for 30 sec / speed 7 or until mixture comes together
- using two teaspoons drop balls of mixture into the coconut
- Roll balls in the coconut to coat the outside of them
- Pop into a container, these will keep in the fridge for 5 days...if they last that long!
- NOTE- If using a different food processor- keep blending the mixture until it comes together, be a bit patient as it may take a few minutes....