Sorry I know, but it just had to be done.
Salted Caramel Sauce is one of those flavours, where just the mere thought of it makes your mouth water. Ok well it does for me anyway. This is not a healthy recipe, this is not a recipe to be made every day. It’s a recipe to make once every so often when you just feel like you need to.
I have found many uses for my pot of Salted Caramel Sauce including eating spoonfuls directly from the pot in the fridge…oops did I just say that, through to topping cakes and desserts and anything in between. Gosh just re read that and it does all sound a bit Nigella Lawson doesn’t it? Anyway moving along swiftly…
This sauce is a Thermomix recipe and it is just so simple, as you pop the ingredients into the bowl, turn it on for 10 minutes on 100 deg and then come back to find molten salted caramel sauce waiting for you. It couldn’t be easier.
- 75g unsalted butter
- 100g raw sugar or golden caster sugar
- 75g double cream
- ½ vanilla bean scraped out ( or vanilla bean paste)
- 2-3 pinches of sea salt
- 1 tbl sp water
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl and cook for 10 min / Varoma / Speed 2
- Pour hot sauce into a sterilised jar, pop the lid straight on and cool before refrigerating.
- Enjoy on all kinds of desserts and cakes
- Tip- to sterilise your jar simply fill the jar with boiling water for a few minutes to soak. Also soak the lid in boiling water in a small cereal bowl or similar. Just before your sauce is ready, tip out all the water. Then simply fill the jar with the sauce and pop the lid straight on.