It was a Saturday night and we were all gearing up to watch Strictly…yes even my little girl loves it and enjoys seeing the scores given by the judges!!
My husband had offered to order a takeaway as his way of cooking that evening. I scoffed at the idea.
As although it would have meant no work for me, it did mean going without any vegetables and as a kid growing up this would have been heaven…but now grown up I have to say… I do love my greens!!
I decided that I could use one of my ready to go pots of Thai Green curry paste, to whip up a chicken curry and still be able to have my daily dose of green… in every sense of the word with this dish.
So this was the result. A delicious curry made in my Thermomix.
It does have a kick to it. We all enjoyed it immensely. I served it with steamed jasmine rice.
Think I probably saved us £50 too….
- 2 x 150 g coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste ( or 1 little 50g pot)
- 500 g chicken thigh fillet, cubed
- 1 tbl sp vegetable stock paste
- 2.5 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 50g Peas
- 100g fine green beans, cut in half
- 5 pieces Kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 Red Chilli, chopped for garnish
- coriander for garnish
- Place curry paste and half the coconut cream into bowl and cook 3 min/Varoma/speed 1
- Add remaining coconut cream, lime leaves and cook 7 min/100C/ speed spoon / reverse.
- Add chicken and stock concentrate and cook 10 min/100C//speed spoon / reverse
- Add sugar, fish sauce and green beans and cook 5 min/100C/speed spoon / reverse
- In last 2 minutes of cooking add in the peas.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and sliced red chillies if desired. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.