It is probably my favourite spice of all time.
I find every reason to put it in nearly all my cooking. This dip is no different.
It is a Thermomix recipe and the preparation time is under 2 minutes!!
( and then you just leave it to cook/purée)
I serve this with homemade flatbread- also made in the Thermomix and sometimes with a selection of other dips- beetroot, yoghurt sumac dip
Alternatively you can drizzle oil over store bought sliced pita bread wedges and bake in the oven for 10 min and you have pita crisps, ready for dipping.
- 250g carrots, peeled
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 tbl sp cumin seeds
- 150g greek yoghurt
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Chop peeled carrots into large chunks and place in Thermomix bowl.
- Set to chop for 5 seconds / speed 5 and scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula.
- Add olive oil and cook for 5 min / 100 deg / Speed spoon.
- Leave to cool.
- Panfry the cumin seeds in a dry frypan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until aromatic.
- Add to the Thermomix bowl, along with yoghurt and sea salt.
- Puree for 1 min, 30 sec / speed 5.5 until thick and smooth.
- NOTE- this recipe can be made in a food processor, but you will need to remove carrots once chopped and then cook on the stovetop, before placing back in the processor for pureeing.