Christmas is well and truly upon us and it is such a fun time of year….mostly!
I love the build up, the beautiful shop window displays and all that goes on at school to get kids in the mood. The Christmas show they put on at our school never leaves a dry eye in the house…
I enjoy sending Christmas cards with snow on them, with the thought that it might actually happen….this is still a novelty for me after 14 year living in the UK!
My sweet tooth also sneaks back in and I feel like it’s a good excuse to tinker with festive recipes.
This one is a real cracker, pardon the pun. My children love to help me mix up it up and push it in the pan…It is made in our Thermomix in a matter of moments.
I introduce to you Malteser Squares.
p.s I am sure it’s true that calories are not counted after the 1st Dec??….
- 250g Rich Tea biscuits
- 2 cups rice Krispies
- 125g butter
- 395g tin condensed milk
- 2 tbs cocoa
- 185g pkt maltesers, cut in half
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil melted
- Line a 20cm x 30cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits into the TM bowl and crush on Speed 8 for 6 seconds, set aside.
- Place the butter, condensed milk and cocoa into the TM bowl, melt on Spd 2/ 50 deg/ 3 min. Mixture should be melted.
- Add the crushed biscuits, rice Krispies and ⅔ of halved maltesers.
- Mix on Reverse Spd 3 /20 sec or until completely combined.
- Press firmly into tray using back of a metal spoon.
- Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil (or copha) into the TM bowl- Spd 2, 50 deg/ 3 min
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over the slice.
- Press remaining maltesers into the chocolate evenly along the slice
- Refrigerate until set and cut into small squares- it is rich!!