Gosh if you are anything like me, you are starting to count down the number of days you have left to try and get everything done before your kids are on holidays for too many weeks.
Our house pretty much turns into a roving buffet, where one meal, snack, drink turns into the next.
So I am continuing on my quest to find really quick, easy and healthy snacks to have on hand.
Especially for days when we got out and I don’t fancy buying the entire cafe.
These great little bars made purely of apricots and coconut.
Ideally, you do need a Thermomix or high speed blender to get a good result.
- 500g dried apricots
- 100g desiccated coconut + 10g extra for sprinkling on top
- Line a 23cm square tin with cling film, allow it to hang over the sides of the tin
- Put the apricots and coconut into the Thermomix bowl and set for 1 min / speed 7
- Using a spatula, tip the sticky mixture into the pan,
- Use the spatular or your hand- (slightly wet) to push mixture down and into the corners of the tin
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut
- Fold in cling film over the top of the apricot mix
- Set in the fridge for 2-3 hours before cutting into bars
- Note- Ideally this recipe is done in the Thermomix, but you can also use a high speed processor, but will need to adjust the timings.